This committee shall be responsible for keeping the Dallas CPA Society (DCPAS) membership informed on matters of state legislation - present and prospective - affecting the accounting profession, and of keeping members of the Legislature of Texas acquainted with the functions of and rendered to the public by the accounting profession.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
Now that you are knowledgeable of this committee, to volunteer Click Here to select your committee preferences.
- Annually review committee charge and modify objectives, responsibilities, and activities as necessary to accomplish the goals of the DCPAS Strategic Plan. (Reference "Political Involvement" of the Plan.)
- Develop leadership skills of committee members in order to have a smooth leadership transition from year to year.
- Keep close contact with the development of legislative policies and programs.
- Develop a continuing program for maintaining interests and contacts during and between sessions of the Legislature of Texas with particular attention to important proposed accounting legislation.
- Promote member involvement in the legislative arena.
- Coordinate the activities of the Political Action Committee, a subcommittee of the Legislative Affairs Committee.