RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- To promote accounting as a versatile, interesting, challenging, and rewarding career choice to students by informing students, educators (teachers, counselors, and school administrators at all educational levels), and parents of the nature, diversity, challenges, benefits, potential career paths, and salary potential of certified public accountants' jobs.
- To also inform students, educators, and parents of the educational requirements of certified public accountants and provide opportunities for students, educators, and parents to interact with CPAs.
Now that you are knowledgeable of this committee, to volunteer Click Here to select your committee preferences.
- Annually review committee charge and modify objectives, responsibilities, and activities as necessary to accomplish the goals of the DCPAS Strategic Plan.
- Develop leadership skills of committee members in order to have a smooth leadership transition from year to year.
- All efforts should always support the brand "CPA" among the public and the profession as trusted, valued advisors to business. The committee should conduct the following activities:
- TSCPA Career Awareness Program - providing CPAs as classroom volunteers to speak about careers in accounting at high schools, colleges, and universities.
- Encouraging all members to participate in the TSCPA career awareness initiatives.