Online registration for this event is closed. The course is sold out!
Steve Tillinger: Federal Tax Update – December 9, 2016
FLASH ALERT — Steve says there's a lot to cover. He vows to tell you what you need to know! Can he do it all in one day? Sign Up Now!
Whether you are a generalist or a tax specialist, you will take away valuable information and insights from this eight-hour program. The course will bring you up-to-date on current issues in federal income taxation affecting individuals and small business owners with emphasis on coverage and analysis of any 2016 tax legislation; updates and new developments of 2015 and earlier tax law; important court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; IRS revenue rulings and procedures; and more! A significant portion of the day will be spent on the new centralized partnership audit rules; consistent basis reporting rules between estates and beneficiaries; and the proposed debt versus equity regulations; plus updates on tax legislation, with emphasis on those provisions that take effect in 2016 and beyond.
The purpose of this course is to update participants on:
- current federal income tax issues affecting individuals and small business owners with an emphasis on coverage and analysis of healthcare leglislation;
- new developments of 2016 and earlier tax law;
- important court cases;
- Treasury income tax regulations; and
- IRS revenue rulings and procedures.
YOUR INSTRUCTOR WILL ADDRESS THE HOT TOPICS OF 2015
* 2015 YEAREND TAX LAW – TAX EXTENDERS — Congress passed the most extensive extender bill ever! Some provisions were made permanent. What about the others? Steve will tell you the whole story.
* 2015 TAX LAW -- HIGHWAY LEGISLATION - Congress has given the IRS the power to have your passport revoked! How is that possible? Steve will discuss the details you need to know and update you on new developments.
* 2015 TAX LAW -- HIGHWAY LEGISLATION - Congress requires consistent basis reporting between estates and beneficiaries. The IRS has issued Form 8971 and proposed regulations. There's lots of controversy. Learn all about it. Sign up and Steve will bring you up-to-date on what you need to know.
* 2015 TAX LAW - BUDGET ACT - PARTNERSHIP TAX AUDIT CHANGES -- Congress re-writes how the IRS will audit partnerships/LLCs. This change will affect tax return preparers and will have a profound effect on partnerships, LLCs and its investors. This is an evolving issue. Steve will bring you up-to-date on new developments.
* PROPOSED REGULATIONS - DEBT VERSUS EQUITY - 47 years in the making. Part of the anti-inversion regulations but much broader than you may think. Learn the basics so you can follow the debate and new developments.
* THE IRS AND TAX RETURN PREPARERS - Have you heard of the Future State Plan? No? You need to Sign Up Right Now! The IRS is changing how taxpayers and their representatives (you) interface with it. Also, can you use Form 1099-C as a collection tool? And the IRS still wants to regulate tax preparers -- and guess what - so do some members of Congress! Steve's got the details. Sign Up Now!
* THE IRS AND TAX RETURN PREPARERS - What happened to the AICPA's lawsuit against the IRS? Now another lawsuit against the IRS. What's going on here? What will happen the Annual Filing Season Program? Steve's got the details. Sign Up Now!
* CONTINUING HOT ISSUE - How to report CRP payments. Are they subject to self-employment tax? The saga continues.
* DEVELOPING HOT ISSUE -- GAO REPORT - Is your information safe? The IRS and Defense, among others, are still using 1950s technology. Do you remember DOS? 8-inch floppy disks? COBOL assembly language? FORTRAN? Steve's got the report. Sign Up Now and find out!
* NEW DEVELOPMENT - IRA ROLLOVERS - The 60-day rule is waived for the first time! How is that possible?
* DEVELOPING HOT ISSUE -- SHARING ECONOMY - National Taxpayer Advocate addresses Congress on the new entrepreneurial economy made up of the Ubers, Airbnbs, Hitchs, Turos, and Task Rabbits of the world. What do these new entrepreneurs need to know? What do you need to know? Sign Up Now and find out.
* NOTEWORTHY COURT CASES - Pitfalls of a self-directed IRA. Same CPA advised different clients. Both lose in Tax Court. Taxpayers have deemed distribution of IRA assets from prohibited transaction. Find out why.
* NOTEWORTHY COURT CASE - Compensation versus dividend. C corporation versus S corporation. The Tax Court does something not seen in a generation. Unbelievable!
* PLANNING - Uncertainty Rules!!! Tax planning is more important than ever! Are you ready?
* IMPORTANT - updates and new developments covering 2016 and earlier tax law AND court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; and IRS revenue rulings and procedures.
* NEW DEVELOPMENTS - affecting partnerships and LLCs, and S corporations.
* MORE DEVELOPING HOT ISSUES AND EVEN MORE! - Will You Be There?
Steve requests that you make a special effort to arrive on time for this class as there will be an extraordinary amount of material to cover, and you won't want to miss any of it!
||Dallas Chapter Training Facility - 12400 Coit Road, Suite 750, Dallas
||December 9, 2016
||8:30am – 4:30pm
||Member /$195 - Non-Member / $245